Monday, January 13, 2014

Wind Is Blowin'--I Ain't There Yet

January 13, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Man, the wind has whipped through here and shook up the whole place. It's a southern wind, so it's been warm enough, but you can hear it moanin' and groanin' as it blows around the house.

I belong to Yes Fellowship (www.yesfellowship.com), a Christian social site, and I love it, there are many wonderful folks who post there, and the posts are always pretty upliftin' as everyone praises God and His work in their lives. I post about what's goin' on and how Go is workin' in my own life, just sorta like what I do here, only in shorter posts.

I received a message from one of the folks there--an older lady, and she said the followin';

"Regardless of what it seems you have gone through, you sure seem on top of it. you bounce back quickly and always have a praise report. You are a lesson for many."

I was happy to get a positive response about my postin', and yet I had to set the record straight. So I typed a reply, and I thought, ya know...I wonder if the folks who read my blog think I'm a lesson for many? 

Well, here is my reply, and see if it clears up any misconception about me;

"Thank you for the complement--I give the glory to God Who is the Author and Finisher of my faith. 

...and I want to add...



Honey, you did NOT see me Friday, when I had a complete emotional and spiritual meltdown. I pitched a hot steamin' pile of HISSY FIT right at God. There are days I just fall so hard I almost get a bloody nose from hittin' the ground. I made a toddler look mature.

...and yet God loved me. He reached down, patted my back and comforted me, helpin' me to see that even though there had been a great injustice done to me--and it still hurts, years later--that He had somethin' even more amazin' and wonderful than what I had imagined would have been if I had gotten what I wanted.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

Jeremiah 29:11

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

There are days I just plain lose it, due to old hurts, current frustrations, and just plain old flesh lettin' me know "I ain't there yet".

Yet He loves me, I know it, and I cling to that, even in the midst of my crisis. I know that I can complain and gripe about my life and what's goin' on in it--or I can be honest, admit my life ain't perfect, and look for the lessons and blessin's that come from all that occurs.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach a sermonette!"

So, if ANYONE ever gets the idea i am super happy and super praisin' all the time--the previous statement should correct it.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment