Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Water Is Back On--FIREPROOF Movie

January 8, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

I thought that after livin' without runnin' water for seven years, I would never take it for granted again. Yet when I was without it for two days and had to go back to ''choppin' water'' for a few tasks--I realized how complacent I had gotten about the luxury that God had blessed us with since our return to The Lone Star State. I can now state with absolute certainty that there are few sounds as sweet as a toilet flushin'!

Worked the food bank today, and brought home 2 boxes of cabbage leaves that had been trimmed off of the heads to be givin out tomorrow. The ponies will love that little treat, for sure. I also got a HUGE slab of pastrami that  had a few spots of mold on it. I've cut off the mold, and will slice it up for the freezer. Before you freak about the mold, let me tell you--many times a packin' plant cuts off mold on meat and cuts up the good flesh to sell. And since this pastrami came from HEBREW NATIONAL--I know it's still good. That company makes the best meat products on earth.

Okay, after lunch I watched FIREPROOF, by the Kendrick Brothers. If you haven't seen this film--oh honey, you need to watch it. I saw it a few years ago, and then I got a copy of the book that came from it, THE LOVE DARE. I did it, and it was amazin' what it did for my marriage. I decided to get it out today and go through it again, just to freshen up my skills as a lovin' spouse. You can never do too much to keep love alive--REAL love, not that 'stuff' they sing about on the radio. I'm not opposed to love songs and some of the sentiments they talk about. I may have said this before on this blog, but it bears repeatin'...

Love is not romance with candles, flowers, dancin' and pretty words, although all those things may have a place in a relationship. REAL LOVE is when you look like hell due to a stomach bug, you are kneelin' at the toilet bowl and throwin' up everything you've eaten the last two weeks, your face is red and blotchy, and all you can do is cry because you feel so bad--and yet your spouse is there, holdin' back your hair and wipin' your face with a cool wash cloth, tellin' you it's gonna be okay.

THAT is love.

I highly recommend THE LOVE DARE if you haven't tried it.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment