Thursday, January 16, 2014

More Blessin's From Sour Cream Windfall

January 16, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

After postin' yesterday about my 'Sour Cream-a-palooza', I began to wheel and deal with folks. So far my trades have netted me 15 boxes of Hamburger Helper, Boxes of Tuna Helper, 5 boxes of KLEENEX tissues, several future eyebrow waxin's (and yes--I NEED THOSE), a big bowl of home made chili, and another big bowl of homemade spaghetti sauce with noodles, along with a few other goodies.

Not bad, eh?

Today while makin' my grocery list for the week, I noticed that sour cream is sellin' at $1.50 for a 16 oz carton. The 72 cartons in my freezer represent $108!

I found out you can make cheese from sour cream, just like you can with yogurt. You just dump the sour cream into a cloth and let it drain into a bowl. It makes a type of cream cheese. I use the whey that drains out in bakin'. You can add spices and chopped veggies to the cheese.

The Redneck came home after church last night and asked what the HECK was I gonna do with 72 cartons of sour cream. I told him I was gonna make the world's BIGGEST freakin' plate of nachos.

He didn't ask nothin' else...

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment