Sunday, January 19, 2014

LADIES NIGHT--Book Review

January 19, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

I'm readin' Mary Kay Andrews' new book, LADIES NIGHT, and it's WONDERFUL.

But then, so is everything else she writes.

Seriously, I read on of her books years ago when my life was tryin' to fall completely apart. I think it was SAVANNAH BLUES or HISSY FIT. Either one, I got hooked on her heroines, and how while they may get whacked down by life's circumstances, they get back up (usually after a time of whinin', kvetchin' and moanin'), and they work to rebuild their lives. Her books helped me to do the same in my own life, and they continue to do so as I have setbacks in life.

In LADIES NIGHT, Grace is a lifestyle blogger who catches her hubby and her assistant in the 'act'. She drives his $175,000 car into the pool and walks out. She then finds herself locked out of her house, her bank accounts, and her blog. She falls apart, then finds herself court ordered to divorce recovery therapy sessions. While attending these sessions, she meets other women and one man plagued by the same type of problems.

You will find yourself sympathizin' with Grace, and cheerin' her on as she starts with what may be a small, possibly insane idea, but it's HER small, possibly insane idea, and she runs with it.

I recommend this book highly if you need a kick in the pants to restart a stalled life--or if you just wanna read a lovely, funny book.

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment