Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Good Time last Night--Tryin' A New Recipe--The Year Ahead

January 1, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Had a decent time at the church party last night. Learned to play Bunco--do NOT get the attraction. It's basically rollin' three dice to get a certain amount of a designated number on the dice, and...I dunno. Honestly, it's kinda like YAHTZEE on steroids to me.

Ate a lot of goodies, and even got to bring home some leftover that other folks didn't want. I snagged some excellent peanut brittle that an older gent in our church makes--wonderful stuff. I got a big bag full of a Chex mix kind of stuff--not bad. And I got a big Glad Ware container full of little sausages cooked in barbecue sauce. I used those for a lunch dish today, and there are several left for another time.

I had baked a cake and frosted it for last night, but everyone kept eatin' finger foods like brownies, and not any of my cake nor the pies that were brought. I cut the cake up today and am freezin' it on a cookie sheet. When it's ready, I'll pop the pieces into a bag and leave them in the freezer for a quick sweet treat.

As a step forward in my quest to lower our food budget more--I tried a hamburger bun recipe I found on Raising Olives Web site (www.raisingolives.com). They are fairly easy to make. They ain't as pretty as store bought, but they taste good. Will use those for pulled pork sandwiches tonight, and freeze the rest.

I have to admit--I am looking forward to this year with great anticipation, not only for myself, but for my family and friends--both online and off. The mind boggles at the possibilities ahead. God always has somethin' better than we can imagine. As the old biker said to his grandson as they began their first ride...

"Get On, Sit Down, Shut Up and HOLD ON!!!!!

Now if that don't describe how life with God is--you ain't listenin'.

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment