Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Follow The Still Small Voice--You Never Know Where It'll Lead

January 15, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Ya'll ain't gonna believe what God did today! Well, if you've read my blog for very long, you will, 'cause ya know that God blesses me right left and sideways--not because I'm anyone special, but because He is so good.

Okay, here's what happened...

If you recall, a few days ago I mentioned that I might go camp out at a local grocery store to try to win free milk for a year. My friend and her mom in law were gonna go too. I was game.

Well yesterday I had a sudden feelin' that I wasn't supposed to go--I was to work the food bank like I always do on Wednesday. I told my friend, and while she was a little disappointed, she understood that I had to do what I felt was best.

So today, I got up, did chores, and the Redneck dropped us off at the food bank. We worked until the truck got there, then we began unloadin'. It was good that I went, since there were few folks there who could lift and carry a lot. I was glad I had obeyed that still small voice that told me to come.

Then, out of the blue, a lady came up to me and asked if I wanted any of the sour cream that they were about to toss in the dumpster.

"What's wrong with it? Out of date?"

Turns out, it has a sell by date of Feb 19 this year. The only thing wrong with it is that it's 'sloshy', not as solid as folks like.

I said I'd take it all.

"But, there are BOXES of it!"

"I'll take it ALL."

So, I loaded up about 7 boxes of sour cream into my ride's van. I put 72 containers into my freezer, and several in my fridge. The REST I have offered for trade to the ladies of my coupon group,for ANYTHING they wanna bring. We'll see how that goes.

The big blessin' was that I prefer to use sour cream to bake with, and THAT was what I wanted the milk for. The containers of sour cream are easier to store in my freezer than gallons of milk, and instead of thawin' a big jug of milk and havin' to use it up quick--I can just take out one container, thaw it and use it as I need it.

I just got a call from a lady who works with the Redneck--I'll be sendin' four containers to work with him in the mornin'.

See? If I hadn't followed the leadin' of the Holy Spirit's leadin', I might have gotten the milk, but I would have missed out on the blessin' of a better freebie.

Well, I got sour cream to find homes for--Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment