Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cold Temps Put Trust To Test

January 7, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Wow, I hope ya'll are stayin' warm durin' this little 'cold snap' that's whippin' through the place this week! It has been a 'brisk' experience, I must say!

Woke up Monday mornin' at 4 a.m. to find the water wasn't runnin'. The Redneck began to flip a little, but I told him to come back to bed, cause we sure couldn't do anything about it at 4 in the mornin'! When we got up later, I got him off to work, got chores done quickly, and settled in under a blanket with the heater goin' until noon, when it finally got warm enough to crawl under the house to see if the pipes were frozen and broken.

A check showed the pipes to be fine. I checked the well house, and realized that it had been so cold, it had overwhelmed the heaters in the well house.

Well, shoot my monkey...

So, I informed the Redneck of the situation. He brought home plenty of drinkin' water, and after I had broken the ice on a rain tank in the back, I had water for animals and dishes. Now I'm askin' for prayer that the well house gets thawed quickly, so I can do laundry and a few other things. Bathin' tonight will be courtesy of rain water heated on the stove, like we used to do in the mountains. I'm thankful for the experience that taught me to get along in a harsh situation.

Stay warm ya'll!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

**Addendum to post--Right after I posted this, I went out to check the well house again. I was getting texts from a friend, and she told me that I should call the landlord. Just as I read the text--the water began flowin' into the horse trough!  We now have plenty of water pressure, and I'm about to catch up on laundry. But first....

I'm takin' a HOT SHOWER! 

Thanks for the prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment