Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Change Of Plans For Today--Looking For Vessels

January 29, 2014

I'm taking time from my 100 Videos challenge, and will take it up again tomorrow. Today, I want to address an urgent prayer need.

In a small town in Oklahoma, there is a little cowboy church, the first one my family ever attended. The preacher there is a man whom I consider my 'little brother' in Jesus. I have known him for over a decade, and we have been through a lot together throughout the years. I have watched him grow from being a young, inexperienced preacher who loved God but was sometimes swayed by a congregation, into a strong, compassionate, caring, and wise shepherd of a church, who won't back down from doing God's will, no matter who he pissed off in the process. By the way, if you don't like how I phrase things in this post--get over it. I'm feeling a passion for this situation that may make me use stronger language than I usually do.

I just learned that he is now facing a health crisis of major proportions--far beyond anything I could have imagined. The doctor's don't know what it is, and the symptoms scare the hell out of me.

I went to bed, but couldn't sleep, because of the worry I am feeling for this man. I lay there, trying to pray, but just feeling like I should DO something, and when I inquired of the Lord, I kept getting the image of the woman in 2 Kings 4:1-7;

Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the Lord: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.

I'm thinking, Lord, what has that got to do with what is happening to my little brother? We don't need oil, we need a miracle.

Then God showed me that it wasn't oil that the woman needed--it was the VESSELS. God would put the needed contents into the vessels, but she had to supply the vessels.

And what are the vessels we need right now? Scripture says very clearly in 2 Timothy 2:20-21;


20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

PEOPLE are the vessels. Vessels filled with the Holy Spirit, annointed by God, who are willing to pray for others. My job is to find those vessels. And the best place I know to find the most vessels...

...right here on the internet.

So right now I am asking--no I'm PLEADING with anyone who reads this blog to begin to pray for this man who you don't know, but you feel God telling you to join this fight. Because that is what it is--a fight. And prayer is the greatest weapon we will ever have. 

When folks receive a text from me, the signature is IF4U2D! It stands for I'm Fightin' For You Today! It means that if you get a text, I have prayed for you. I have fought for you through prayer. I got that saying from this man I'm requesting prayer for. He used to say it at services--"I'm fightin' for you today!"

Well, he needs someone to fight for HIM now. Will you please join me in this battle for his very life? If so, please pray, print this post out, make copies, and pass it along to other Christians that you know will take it and spread the word and pray for him.

IT'S ON
By Evelyn Edgett
January 26, 2014

Hello, devil, where ya been?
I see you're back to trouble me again.
It's been a while since you've tried a trick.
Guess you had a lot of wounds you had to lick.

From the last time you came slinkin' around.
Remember when Jesus whooped you sound?
You just don't get it, so I'll make this statement pointed.
You're stupid when you jack with God's annointed!

So now you're back again.
You think you're gonna make this church give up and let you win.
Ain't happenin' bubba, not while we have the Son.
We'll defeat you with prayer, look out, 'cause it is ON!

Fight on.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment