Saturday, January 18, 2014

Beautiful Weather--Just Some Tidbits Of News

January 18, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Hard to believe it's January here in Texas, what with the temperatures in the high 50s and 60s lately. They DO drop back down into the 30s at night, though. We still wear layers of clothin' durin' the day--easier to regulate body temps that way.

It's a gorgeous Saturday here, and a bit later I'm gonna run across the road to a neighbor's house and check out some free 2x4s he offered me. Apparently his son brought home a bunch of trusses for roofin'. They are attached with tin, and he says you hafta almost tear up the wood to get the tin off. He said I could have all I wanted, if i would just come get them.

I figure that I'll just cut the ends off that have the tin, and chunk those ends into the big bonfire that the other neighbor is plannin'. I can then either stack the wood neatly to use later in projects, or I can offer it for barter.

I'm happy to say that the SOUR CREAM-A-PALOOZA event is finally over. I have only my little stash in my freezer now, all the rest has been bartered away.

I gotta say, so far barterin' has gone pretty well this year. I am slowly buildin' a network of folks who like to barter. I'm about to offer a brand new, never out of box AS SEEN ON TV EZ EYES keyboard to the gals in my coupon group. We'll see who bites at the bait.

As far as couponin' goes--yesterday I bought 3 2 litre bottles of 7 up TEN for 23 cents apiece. I got two bottles of SUNDOWNERS Magnesium for $1 off each. I ain't gettin' as many free groceries as my mentors--but it's a start.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment