Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bakin' Day--Happy Hick Hubby

January 14, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Even though it's a gorgeous day, it was just cold enough in my house to justify bakin' this mornin, so I could stay warm in the kitchen! I made bread with some frozen blueberries, but instead of usin' milk, I used a container of black cherry Greek yogurt I found in my fridge. It turned out quite nice. If I'm bakin' somethin' that calls for milk, many times I just use any dairy product I have in the fridge--yogurt, sour cream, milk, cream, buttermilk, cottage cheese, etc. As  long as it has lactic acid--it's good to go.

I also made chocolate chip cookies for the Redneck as a surprise. He loves the things, and I wanted to do somethin' nice for him.

What is really gonna trip his trigger this evenin' will be the fact that we are havin' meatloaf. We had been eatin' a lot of ham and other pork product lately, since that was all I had in my freezer...I thought.

He said he wanted some COW. He was tired of pork, I said sorry, he would have to wait until I got to go shoppin'.

So imagine my joy when I found several packages of ground beef under a pile of smoked sausage this mornin'. I dunno how I missed them on my inventory.

So tonight, I'm makin' meatloaf with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and salad. He is gonna be one happy Redneck.

Well, i got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment