Saturday, January 25, 2014

100 Videos, 100 Days, Day #5--Freezer Soup

January 25, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

It's cold here. It's not long johns and sweat suit worn to bed, electric blanket, 3 sleepin' bags, 2 small dogs, wood stove goin', and you just figured out that the reason you still can't get warm is that the guy who originally built the cabin left quarter inch gaps in the floor boards cold.

But it's cold.

Okay, today's video is about savin' leftovers in a container in your freezer, so you can use them later to make soup.

A quick story, then I'll let ya get to the video.

When my son was  little, I would make homemade soup all the time, since it was inexpensive and nutritious. Obie would often come into the kitchen where I had the big pot goin' on the stove, take a deep sniff, look up at me with that adorable face and say brightly,

"POOP!"

I never figured out if he just couldn't say 'soup', or if it was a critique of my culinary skills...



Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment