Sunday, December 8, 2013

Still Bad Weather--Twitter Account

December 8, 2013

Quiet day again today--no church, so we slept in until around 6:30, when Midnight made a demand to go out and potty. I got up and started the coffee and tea water, and got dressed. After a time, I popped a pan of oven french toast in to bake, and we had a leisurely breakfast. I used the bread that I baked last week--this stuff is great. Fed the critters, then even drove to the store. Problem was, the store ain't open today.

Oh well, home again, home again, jiggety jig.

So now I'm workin' online, and the guys are watchin' a dvd. We listened to Sunday Morning Coming Down, on 95.9 The Ranch, our local Red Dirt Music Station, and it was nice. They have this show where they play country songs of faith and family, and we like it. Since we are usually on our way to church, we don't get to hear all of the show, but today, we really got to enjoy the music.

I recently opened a TWITTER account, and I gotta tell ya--it's weird. I actually opened it so i could keep up with my buddy, Jeff Yeager, the Ultimate Cheapskate, and one or two other bloggers that I like. Well, somehow, I started gettin' messages that this person was now followin' me, or that person, and I'm like,

"WHY? I don't say anything profound--why are these folks followin' ME?"

I mean, most of the folks followin' me are Christian authors and speakers. I understand ME followin' THEM, but not the other way around.

Well, I thought I would follow them too, as a courtesy, but then I couldn't keep up with all the tweets and retweets, and I lost poor old Jeff in all the tweets, and HE'S the reason I got the account in the first place!

So last night, after the umpteenth message that someone I don't know was now followin' me, I said 'ENOUGH!"

I made the decision to clean out the folks I followed and get back to the basic ones that I KNOW I'm needin' to read and tweet back.

You know how hard that was? These folks are GOOD tweeters ya'll. Their tweets are full of scripture and encouragement, and it was a HARD choice as to who to let go and who to keep.

I finally got it worked out though, and now I only have a few folks to follow. I can keep up with what is bein' addressed and get the info I need. One of the reasons I left FACEBOOK was all the folks wantin' to be 'freinds'...and I didn't know them from Adam's house cat. Or better yet--folks who didn't even LIKE me in real life, but who wanted to 'friend' me so they could have high numbers!

Seriously, are we THAT insecure that we have to have our friends DOCUMENTED?

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013



2 comments:

  1. I had the same experience with Twitter and FB. I found a way of keeping the friends on Facebook, but not getting all their news clogging up my timeline. With Twitter, I am gradually clearing out the 'friends' I don't know. It used to make me feel awkward, but remember, they don't send a notification to that person when they are 'unfriended' or 'unfollowed'. I hope the weather improves for you, and the store reopens soon : ) Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about whether the folks you unfollow would get a notification--makes me feel a bit better. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelin's--I just wanna be able to keep up! The store did open later in the day, and we got a few things. Later!

      Delete