Monday, December 2, 2013

Meditation Monday--Are Your Gems Lined Up?

Decmber 2, 2013

Hey ya'll, it's me!

Do any of ya'll ever play the computer game BEJEWELED, or any of it's sequels? I have it on my laptop, and I really enjoy the game.

I realized recently, however, while I was playin' that I saw a spiritual parallel between the game and life.

Hang with me for a moment, okay?

The main gist of Bejeweled is to make rows of three or more jewels, which then disappears, makin' room for more jewels to fall into place, and so on. If you make a row of four, one is left behind as a sparkly power jewel, which if you add it to another row, it blows up a lot of other gems. Get a lot of those sparklies near each other, and they blow up real good.

Now, you get a row of FIVE gems together, the result is a ''super atomic swirly sparkly gem" (yeah, real techno speak).

When you click on this gem and any other, suddenly you have lightnin' bolts shootin' at ALL the gems of that color, zappin' them out of existence, clearin' the way for a whole lot of new gems, thus makin' it easier to keep havin' moves to make.

Okay, here is how I see it. You're busy goin' along with your life, doin' what ya gotta do, clearin' your little 'rows' and accomplishin' goals. We all know that as soon as we finish one goal, another comes along to be worked on. We keep doin' this until we 'run out of moves' and leave this life.

When we come to a savin' knowledge of Jesus Christ, we 'make a row of four', and we get a new sense of power in our lives. That to me is the Lord beginnin' to work in our hearts. We learn to use that power to clear more stuff out of our lives that we don't need, makin' room for all the good things that God has waitin' for us to receive.

Am I makin' this plain?

Okay, now we get to the row of five, and that is where things are REALLY cool. It ain't easy to get that row, 'cuz ya gotta get two on one side, two on the other, and then ya gotta drop the fifth one right in the center.

To me, the two on one side represents Bible Study and learnin' the Word of God. The two on the other side represents Prayer and Application of what you learn. They are vital components of the Christian life.

And yet, there is that little gap in the middle...

This is where faith comes and fills in the gap, creatin' an atmosphere in your life where the Holy Spirit can come in and do MEGA clearin' of stuff, really makin' changes that prepare you for service in Christ's Kingdom.

One of my goals this comin' year is to increase the two gems on each side of my life. I've already got faith, however, I need to get back up to speed on my Bible Study and Prayer. I allowed circumstances, bith good and bad, to get me distracted. I want the Holy Spirit to come in and just do an ultra clearin' of stuff in my life. I want what Philippians 1:6 says;

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013










 

No comments:

Post a Comment