Monday, December 30, 2013

Meditation Monday--1 Peter 4:1011

December 30, 2014

Hey ya'll, it's me!

So, I survived the last family event of the year--just gotta get through the church game night on New Year's Eve. I think we are playin' Bunco, Bonco--whatever it's called. Never played it, sounds like somethin' I ain't gonna like, so I think I'll just take my video camera and make a movie for uploadin' or somethin', plus I know there will be a lotta good nibbles there.

Have a Scripture to share. I found it when someone tweeted it this mornin'. He tweeted the whole 4th chapter of 1 Peter, but I was especially struck by verses 10-11, which says:

"10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."

What this says to me is that no matter WHAT your gift is--USE it. That's simply another way of bein' a good steward of what He gives you. I can play with words and write fairly well and I got a decent creative streak, so I write a blog, books, and I'm tryin' to make videos to help folks out. You may sew quilts like nobody's business, so make 'em up to give to the the poor. Maybe you can organize events--help out to raise funds for different charities. WHATEVER He has blessed you with--

USE.

IT.

TO.

HIS.

GLORY.

If you're gonna open your mouth, speak as God WANTS ya to speak. That doesn't mean that you can't use jargon from your generation to reach folks your age. I drive my Redneck NUTS when I say things like "Jesus is in the hizzle for shizzle!", but I just love to say it, and it gets the point across to folks who talk like that. What this verse means is to praise Him, glorify Him, and get the WORD OUT about Him to a lost and dyin' world.


And if you're gonna serve--don't waste time tryin' to do it in your own strength, 'cuz you KNOW that ain't gonna work. Instead, do it as GOD strengthens you. If you try to do it on your own--first of all, you can't be certain that where you're tryin' to serve is where God WANTS you to serve. So don't get pressured into doin' everything that someone in church says you should. Pray and be SURE it's what you should be doin'. Then when you know where he wants ya--pray that He gives you the strength to do your job right. You can burn out fast if you don't draw from the well.

Wow--that went fast. 

Well, i got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment