Friday, December 20, 2013

DANG! God Is GOOD!

December 19, 2013

I dunno if I told ya'll this before, but our family doesn't usually buy a lot of Christmas gifts for ourselves. We may put together a few gifts for exchanges at church or whatever, but since we get so many wonderful blessin's throughout the year, well, as far as gifts go...

Christmas is sorta anticlimactic.

We choose to concentrate on the scriptural aspects of the holiday instead.

So we normally just decide on one big family gift that we all will enjoy. A few years ago it was a Blu Ray player, since we all love movies. We may buy a lot of music cds or movie dvds, just something we all will like and use.

This year, we decided we would get a new music system, since our old one is over 16 years old, and I also confiscated it for the massage studio next door. We have been usin' our Blu Ray player for cds.

So, we kept waitin' for the time when we could afford to buy one, but every time we got the cash--somethin' happened and we had to spend it on somethin' more important, like hay for the horses durin' the last ice storm.

It looked like we were not gonna be able to buy a stereo this year, which The Redneck and I were fine with. However, my son loves music so much--I knew he would be disappointed.

Sooo.....I gave it over to the Lord.

That's all.

Just left it with Him.

And guess what?

A lady at church got a micro stereo system free for makin' a huge order of horse equipment from this company.

She had no use for it.

Soooo....

You guessed it.

She brought it to church and gave it to us for my son's Christmas gift.

I got nuthin' else to say, except...

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

2 comments:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I love it! Another story of God's grace and love for your family. May this Christmas be the best one ever.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at you, Marqueta. Hug all the children for me, and know that our family's best wishes go out to all of you.

    ReplyDelete