Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thriftology Thursday--What Will You Not Do?

November 21, 2013

Some of ya'll may know the song by Meat Loaf, "I Would Do Anything For Love". The lyrics go,
"I would do anything for love....but I won't do that."

Well, I would do anything to save money,

BUT...

...I got my limits.

Basically, I have figured out that my three big "ain't gonna happens" are--

I won't do anything that is unsafe. While I WILL rewire a lamp or repace a faulty wall outlet--I WON'T attempt to wire an entire house or repair a TV. I simply don't have the skills for it.

I won't do anything unsanitary or unhealthy.. I WILL make and use washable cloth toilet paper and reuse containers here and there--I WON'T try to save money by buyin' cheap food that is over processed.

I won't do ANYTHING that would harm another person. I WILL take stuff off of folk's hands who no longer want or need it, I WON'T get back too much change at a store and just keep it, thinkin' "Hey, they should pay attention, finder's keepers, loser's weeper."

All three of those things can come back to bite ya in the kiester.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment