Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Meditation--Are You Rejoicin'?

 
November 18, 2013
 
Hey ya'll.
 
Monday has yet again come around, and I guess I'm weird, because I actually ENJOY Mondays. I mean, seriously, what is so bad about Monday?
 
Scripture says in Psalm 118:24,
 
"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
 
Hmmm....
 
Ya know, I don't see ANYWHERE in that verse that we are not to rejoice in EVERY day that the Lord has made. No where in that scripture says that Monday is exempt from bein' rejoiced in.
 
Nor is Tuesday, Wednesday, Labor Day, Laundry Day, Exam Day, The anniversary of your divorce, another day in the unemployment line, days when you have the stomach flu (okay, I'll give you a pass on stomach flu--even *I* have problems rejoicin' there), the day you get fired or at the least get chewed out by your boss, highschool days where you have been bullied and embarassed, and September 11.
 
The way I see it--the Lord made this day for YOU. He knew from before He even created the world that this day was comin', and He knew all the good, bad and especially the ugly that was gonna happen today. He has already seen it, been there while it happens, and has made it through the other side. So guess what?
 
Ain't nothin' gonna happen to you that He ain't already got the solution for. All YOU got to do is give the day back to Him and TRUST Him to walk through it with you.
 
And He WILL.
 
Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment