Saturday, November 30, 2013

Had A Good Holiday

November 30, 2013

Hey ya'll, it's me!

I hope all of ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgivin' day. At my house, it was me and the Redneck by ourselves. My son went to his dad's, and we decided we would rather stay at home and just be ALONE for the day, instead of goin' to a big family event. Dont get  me wrong, we love his family--we just haven;t had any by ourselves time in a LOOOONG time.

We slept in as long as we could that mornin', at least until Midnight woke us up with his "I GOTTA GO OUTSIDE RIGHT NOOOOOOW!!!!!!" bark. I let him out, then decided I would just get comfy on the loveseat and watch the electric fireplace until he wanted back in. I snagged a blanket from the pile by the sofa, went to sit down and...

He barked to come back in.

He had to have peed at lightning speed to get back to the door as fast as he did. Of course, it was pretty cold that mornin'.

We got up and I put the food on to cook for lunch. I made a ham with prlaine sauce, two bread dressin', corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. We said our prayers and enjoyed a good meal, then we enjoyed a long nap after. It was just a quiet day, and we loved every minute of it.

Friday was spent much the same, only we dined on leftovers. We tried not to have to go into town at all--I can't stand Black Friday media hype. However, I did have to go buy jalepenos for homemade salsa by the afternoon, so don't judge me!

Our plans for Saturday involve the Redneck changin' the oil in our truck, and me doin' any little cleanin' chores left to do in the house, then we are throwin' saddles on our horses and ridin' the pasture back of the house. My son will be home sometime that evenin', and we will all get ready for church on Sunday.

God has truly blessed me with a good life and a wonderful family, along with true friends.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013






 

No comments:

Post a Comment