Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God Has A WEIRD Sense Of Humor

November 20, 2013

I am just poppin' in to announce....

I GET TO MOW MY LAWN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(confetti and streamers, band music)

Now that may not be big stuff to ya'll, but to ME? It's heavenly.

You see, when we moved into this house, the inlaws moved out--and took the mower with them (the nerve, to take what is thiers. Some folks.)

So for the whole time we have lived here--we couldn't mow, because we couldn't afford a mower. We couldn't even work in the time to move fence panels around so a horse could mow for us.

I have  been prayin' for a mower, asked folks to pray about a mower, and just waited.

Yesterday, my neighbor drove his mower over, parked it, handed me he keys and said, "When you're done, bring it back."

Now, the big thing about that happenin' is...

Up until a couple of weeks ago, this man and his wife had not been very nice folks to our family since we moved back to Texas. They were upset that we blocked off the corner of our property that they had been drivin' across for years. We explained why we did it, but they just became awful, harassin' us if we walked down the road.

Just bein' JERKS.

We ignored them for the most part, and let it go.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I caught him on my back pasture, cuttin' a willow branch off my trees. He was apparently gonna use it to 'witch' a well on some other land he has.

Needless to say, I was NOT very nice bout it, told him to drop the branch and get the heck offa my land (and no, I was not that subtle in what I said).  He left, and I was just gonna go back to the house.

Then I felt God tell me, "Take the branch to him."

"Aw heck no, Lord. He's a jerk, and he was trespassin' and stealin' from me, and it AIN'T happenin'!"

Very gently, "Take the branch to him."

Then the kicker.

"For Me."

Oooooohhhh.......shoot.

I got the branch, took it to his house and gave it to him. I told him all he had to do was ASK and I would have let him go get the branch, he didn't have to sneak over to get it. He said thank you. I said,

"I don't wanna see you on my land again."

However, as I went to go, I turned back and said, "Unless you have an emergency. Then come get me and I will help you."

That was it. I went home.

About a week later, he knocked on my door, and when I came outside, he said thank you again for the branch, and he apologised for the way they had been the past two years. I said it was okay, we shook hands, and he left.

Then yesterday, he brought the mower over, and I can now mow my lawn.

After he left, I looked up and said, "Lord, You got a WEIRD sense of humor, Ya know that?"

Proverbs 16:7 says;

"When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him"

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment