Friday, November 22, 2013

Cold Weather Is here--Food Co-ops And Friendships

November 22, 2013

Hey ya'll, it's me again!

Man, it is COLD today! Gonna get colder through the weekend too. I keep thinkin' how nice it would be to stay  home in the mornin', curled up with a good book or movie, somethin' scrumptious in the crockpot, home made bread in the oven--just a quiet, warm day.

Oh yeah, I remember now--I am volunteerin' at the the food co-op in the mornin'....gotta be there around 8 a.m....unload truck and distribute produce...in the cold...and wet...

...well, poop.

That's okay. I love to do co-op, and my buddy Leigha is also gonna be there, right alongside of me, and we will have a blast. Obie will be at home with the Redneck, and they will give me this time to 'woman with' other women, somethin' that helps both Leigha and I to remember that we ain't alone in our pursuit of makin' a home for the folks in our lives. Sheis half my age, and yet we share  many of the same problems, fears, and joys in life.  would love to be a Titus 2 woman for her, where it says:

"3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

The funny thing is--SHE is often more of a mentor to ME, than the other way around, and yet I know she doesn't see that.

She found a 'coupon class' for tomorrow, but I can't budget it in, so we are probably gonna skip it this time around. However--she FOUND it, and so now we know it's there, and we can plan to learn how to reduce our food budget even more. She found the co-op we get our produce from, and I gotta tell ya'll, when she wasn't able to do it for a time while she tended to thier family business--I missed that time with her, and all the goofy stuff we talk about, the yard sales we visit, just dumb stuff, but so much joy is generated in those times.

 Life's a lot simpler then we try to make it, ya know?

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013




 

No comments:

Post a Comment