Monday, October 28, 2013

Meditation Monday--What Is This Blog About?

October 28, 2013

I've been wonderin' lately...

What is this blog REALLY about?

I mean, I read so many blogs, and most of them are about the genteel side of life, makin' a good home, bein' a lady, and all those wonderful things.

Mine?

...not so much.

I am tryin' to be more organized in my postin's, and there are times that I think I should try to be more like all those other women out there.

I asked the Lord about this, and well, I sort of got this feelin' that when I was pointin' out all these other blogs, and how they do things, He was tryin' to tell me...

"...what is that to you? You follow Me...." John 21:22

I'm TRYIN' to follow You, Lord.

Um....where are we goin'?

Recently, I think I figured it out--kinda, sorta, maybe....

My blog is not all about my life and how it goes. It ain't about how to be the best homemaker you can be, or how to be submissive and all that stuff--but that stuff is IMPORTANT, believe me.

This blog is about my livin' for God, and about Who He is to me. It's a brag book of sorts on how much my Heavenly Father loves this ol' country gal--in SPITE of herself.

I want to show ya'll how much God loves YOU. How He loves ya'll so much, He chose to DIE for you. I know I say this a lot--but I want ya'll to GET IT. He KNOWS how screwed up you are--HE LOVES YOU ANYWAY. He wants you to spend eternity with Him, so He provided a way for you to do that.

He is the God of second, third, fourth....UMPTEEN chances. He can take all that CRAP in your heart, mind, soul, body and life and turn it into a miracle testemony for His glory and your good.

Anything I say on here should NEVER make me look like I'm a 'good Christian', 'cause I ain't--I'm A LOUSY Christian.

But Jesus is the PERFECT SAVIOR.

I brag all of the time about how God gives me wonderful blessin's--both material and spiritual. He doesn't do this because of ME--He does it because HE IS GOOD and HE LOVES ME.

This blog is about how GOD is faithful--even when we aren't. Even when we screw up--He keeps His word to us.

If I entertain ya'll--that's nice. If I prick your heart and mind to make ya'll think--that's better.

But if I touch even just ONE person enough to make them reach out to Jesus Christ, to cause them to accept the free gift of salvation and trust Him with their lives...

Then I'm followin' Him where He's leadin' me.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment