Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Martha, Martha....

October 23, 2013

I just learned about what Martha Stewart has said about bloggers. The quote was;

“Who are these bloggers? They’re not trained editors at Vogue magazine. There are bloggers writing recipes that aren’t tested that aren’t necessarily very good, or are copies of what really good editors have created and done. Bloggers create a kind of a popularity but they are not the experts. We have to understand that.”

Um....okay...

So what?

Ms. Stewart, NONE of the bloggers I've read claim to be experts--I sure as shootin' don't.

We are much more like our mothers and grandmothers--women who gathered together to talk about their lives, families and homemakin'. Instead of doin' it at quiltin' bees or over the back fence, we use the internet.

We are not goddesses of gracious livin' like you. However, we DO work to give our homes a special, lovin' atmosphere that has NOTHIN' to do with fancy cake decoratin', designer handbags, or insane home improvement projects, like stencilin' the driveway. Our homes may not be photo shoot ready--but they are HOMES. Our families can LIVE in them, not POSE.

I don't have anything against what you do, in fact, I have enjoyed watchin' some of your shows. I do get inspired at times when I watch you do things, I just do them MY way, so I'm not spendin' uber bucks on a craft.

I don't make fancy decorated cupcakes, I don't have a garden that would rival yours (or anybody else's), I live in a single wide trailer, with a lot of used furniture. I have a few painted walls that are a little imperfect--okay, a LOT imperfect, and the meals I serve are simple and usually served out of the pot or skillet they were cooked in. But my family sits around the table together and hold hands and pray to thank God for the food He has provided, and for our little singlewide trailer, the used furniture, and for each other. Heck, we have even prayed for and thanked Him for several BLOGGERS we know.

I know you are not gonna read this. This is not intended to be a butt chewin', either, I just want to let my bloggin' buddies know that while they ain't experts--they are friends, and I value each and everyone of them and their blogs.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment