Friday, September 20, 2013

Wild West Days Tomorrow!

September 20, 2013

Tomorrow is Wild West Days in Springtown, Texas!

Yup, in the mornin', vendors from all over will set up booths to sell goodies, there will be music and a parade, and our church will have a booth also. We even have fellas from our church entered in the bar-b-q contest--and that's some goooooood eatin'!

I will be doin' my thing, goin' around and askin' for donations to the St. Jude's Trail Ride Auction. I love to schmooze, and I often get some cool goodies for the auction. Last year, I kept showin' up at the booth and handin' stuff over with all the information, then shootin' off, Obie in tow. This year, the preacher's van is supposed to be near enough I can just chuck the donations in and not have to go so far.

I really hope this one gentleman and his wife will be there again. He is a painter, and he is good. After his wife mentioned that she was hurtin', I came back after puttin' his donation away, and I worked on her for a while. I didn't do it for money--I did it because she needed it. However, her husband told me to take a small paintin' that I had commented on earlier. It was the Alamo, and it was gorgeous. He even signed the back of it for me. I want to tell them that I got it framed and that it now hangs in my entryway so it can be seen by everyone who comes in my home. I think I'll also make up some bath salts for his wife to help her relax after doin' the show tomorrow.

I have a 'gueset' comin' in for bodywork this afternoon, so I'm not startin' any big projects this mornin', just doin' the basics here at home and restin' up for doin' a massage.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment