Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Well Butter My Butt And Call Me Darlin'--It's American Biscuits And Gravy Week!!!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2013

You heard right, folks--I just learned that this week is AMERICAN BISCUITS AND GRAVY WEEK!

God bless a nation that celebrates such ambrosial foods....

Seriously, is there ANYTHING better than biscuits, fresh made and hot from the oven, along with creamy, savory sausage gravy?

I like to put real butter on the open biscuit, then ladle the gravy over it, and then....

I spoon some sweet jelly or jam over that, salt and pepper it well...

And serve it alongside two over easy eggs with juice and hot herbal tea.

Oh dear--hang on a sec--I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard...

Zip over to www.kneadedcreations.com, for a good recipe. If pork sausage doesn't trip your trigger--Angela Coffman of the Grocery Shrink (www.groceryshink.com) has a wonderful Beef Breakfast Sausage recipe to try. I like to add a 'skosh' more hot pepper to mine for a kick.

If you think makin' biscuits is too much work--you are too busy! And yet I know that not everyone enjoys the process, so pick up some canned (Granny called them 'whack em' biscuits) biscuits--I like the GRANDS style ones, and the store brand versions are good at a lower price.

I ain't sayin' make this every mornin'--you couldn't STAND havin' somethin' that good all the time (but I would love to see if I could). However, enjoyin' an American Classic Breakfast now and then is a good thing.

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment