Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Windin' Down--Bountiful Baskets

September 8, 2013

It's Sunday night, the weekend has wound down, and I am looking forward to a good night's sleep to refresh and prepare me for another week of adventure.

Obie got to go to his dad's yesterday, and came back this evenin'. I do enjoy my 'Obieless' time when I get it--but I enjoy when he gets home, too. He is so precious to me. We had a nice dinner of tacos, and he kept lookin' at and pickin' up the fresh fruits we got from the food co-op yesterday. He's excited, 'cause he knows all the good produce means we will enjoy fresh made juices, smoothies and fruit salads this week!

Oh yeah--forgot to mention I went to the food co-op with my buddy Leigha yesterday mornin, and we had a blast. We sorted and distributed all those wonderful veggies and fruits, and she gave me a package of the tortillas she ordered so I could try them. Wow--they are great!

Dunno if I posted the web site for the co-op--will do so now:

www.bountifulbaskets.org

Seriously, if you like fresh produce at a good price, and gettin' to meet and volunteer with a fabulous set of folks--try this co-op. I paid a total of $22.00 ($15.00 for the initial basket, plus splittin' the cost of a case of cauliflower with Leigha), and I got a LOT of food--more than I could have gotten at the local grocery store for the same amount. We got tomatoes, plums, broccoli, romaine lettuce, mangoes, bananas, honeydew melons, cauliflower, cucumbers, etc. I mean, come on--romaine right now is $2.50  a head at my local grocer, and I got TWO heads in my basket because we had some extras.

The also sell tortillas, whole grain and sourdough breads, special organic packages, juicing packs, you name it--they probably have it.

Well, I ai't got chores, I'm headed to bed. later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment