Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tyler Perry's MADEA Series Of Films-A Sort Of Review

September 12, 2013

WHOOP! WHOOP!

COUNTY WIDE GARAGE SALE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Me and my girl Leigha are gonna work the food co-op and then go bargain huntin'--folks, this Saturday is gonna be OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!

Yeah....I've been watchin' a LOT of Tyler Perry films this week while sewin'.

I confess, I LOVE to watch him play MADEA. She is an over 6 foot tall, 64 year old, HIGHLY outspoken black woman, and she is adorable. All the plays I've seen are about real life problems and trustin' Jesus to run your life, forgiveness, redemption and family.

Oh yeah, and she loves guns. LOTS of guns, which makes her VERY popular with me.

While I had heard about this man and his works for a long time, I didn't watch anything of his until earlier this year, when I found MADEA GOES TO JAIL at a local library. I got it, began to watch it, and fell in love with the characters.

I like that Tyler Perry speaks his mind about God and the relationship he has with his Creator. He says,

"I believe in God and I don't apologise for it."

"Did you know you can't say Jesus in a sitcom? They told me that and I was like...if you don't want my God here, you don't want me here either. God has been too good to me to go and try to sell out to get some money...it ain't gonna happen."

Hey, it works for me. Check the young man out at www.tylerperry.com. And watch a few of his films. THey are a little rough at times, and they tackle some heavy subjects, so don't plan family night around them. But if you enjoy good stories, good singin' and a character who will make you laugh till you cry--try them out.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment