Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sad News-- But Wild West Days A Success

September 21, 2013

Well, some sad news, and a good report today.

First, the Redneck's grandfather passed away last night, just as the Redneck was walkin' into the nursin' home to see how he was doin'. We found out that the funeral will be Wednesday, so there is that to prepare for this week.

The good report is that we did well at Wild West Days today. Obie and I went around and got many wonderful things to auction off to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital durin' the Trial Ride next month. I even have a few people to call this week in order to pick up larger items.

Durin' the day, the event features some 'gunfighters' of course. They do 'gunfights' and skits. I was talkin' with a lady at her booth today, and suddenly, there was a loud "BOOM!" right behind me.

Now, while it startled me--I learned a very important thing...

...unexpected gunfire will stop a HOT FLASH.

That's right, I was feelin' a hot flash begin, and when that 'BOOM!' went off--the flash stopped in it's tracks.

Now, I don't suggest it as a preventative measure, but it was funny!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment