Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Long Day--Can't Sleep--Big Decision

September 4, 2013

Whew! I have had a loooong day today.

Got up as usual, did all the chores, then the Redneck dropped Obie and I off at the local food bank, where we helped to unload the truck and organize all the food that will be handed out tomorrow. Then we walked to the library and home, and after lunch, Obie went to his room to listen to music while I lay on the couch and tried to read, but ultimately fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up, we did a few more things in the house, then went out to refill everyone's water troughs and bowls, plus feed and work with the horses a bit. THEN, we got showers and jumped in the truck for Bible study when the Redneck pulled in. Just as the study and prayer meetin' were endin', our friends who are STILL movin' out of their house (and they are closin' on the sale in the mornin') called and asked if we could swing by to help them finish. We went over and got a good dent in the last little bit of stuff to be moved, and made arrangements for them to pick up Obie and me in the mornin' to finish up the rest. Came home, had supper and went to bed...

...and I can't sleep, can ya believe that?

So, I got up and decided to write a post that has been naggin' at me for some time.

It's a post about submission to God's will and submission to my husband.

Okay--I figure I'm pretty good about not bein' bossy most of the time--until I want MY way, and then I can really make that 'quarrelsome wife' in the followin' verses look good;

Proverbs 21:9         
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike;
It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife's quarreling is a continual dripping of rain.

Honestly, this has been wearin' on me for some time. You see, a few years ago, I began to pray the followin' prayer;

"Father, I want Brian to become who YOU want him to be. Not who *I* think he should be, not who his mom thinks he should be, and not who he thinks he should be. I want him to live up to bein' the man YOU want him to be, so WHATEVER it takes to have that happen--I want You to do it."

I figured that had to be the best prayer I could pray for my husband--right?

One little thing I forgot about...

...anything that happened in HIS life--also happens in MINE. So any lessons that involved him also involved me.

And yet I never have stopped prayin' that prayer, and I have seen the spiritual growth in my Beloved, and honey--we have been through some STUFF together.

But I know there is more to come.

And now I feel that God is askin' me to step up MY part of this deal.

I feel that I need to truly submit to my husband, in EVERYTHING.

{{GULP}}

Everything???

1 Peter 3:5-6         
For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

Never saw that underlined part until I began lookin' for these kinds of scriptures.

Oh yeah, total submission is TERRIFYIN' to this independent little control freak.

1 Peter 3:1-2         
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct.
Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.
Ephesians 5:24         
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
1"1 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Can't argue with that, can I? Well, yeah, I can--but that would be just STUPID.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Okay, no chores, but I'm headin' for bed. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment