Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Made A Difference

September 11, 2013

Had a very cool and yet humblin' experience yesterday when Obie and I walked to town. We got up near the school, and this gentleman was walkin' in the opposite direction. He said somethin' to me, and I said, "Excuse me?"

He said, "You got me walking years ago. I haven't seen you for a long time."

Well, after a few minutes of talkin', I learned that he was someone I had spoken to years ago when we lived here before. I apparently has talked with him about health, and how walkin' was good for health.

Turns out, he started a walkin' program, and he has kept it up ever since. He has lost over 40 pounds, and he feels wonderful. He walks into town, has coffee with his mom, and then walks back home, and drives to work.

Now is that cool or what?

It's also humblin' to think that God used my little ramblins about walkin' to help change the life of someone. I hope that happens here on the blog, too--I just never know where the Lord is gonna lead me when I begin to write.

What was really strange was when he told me that he had actually been RUN OVER in the school zone one time, and that the girl who did it apologized, because she THOUGHT HE WAS SOMEONE ELSE.

Think about it--she wasn't upset that she ran over someone. She was upset that she ran over THE WRONG PERSON.

I think I've been watchin' too much Tyler Perry as MADEA, because I just want to talk like her and say "That child needs to be beat down!" or, "Someone ought to snatch her bald for bein' dumb."

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment