Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday The 13th? NO PROBLEM!

September 13, 2013

It's Friday the 13th. Some folks believe that today is bad news, but this mornin', I got to witness a 'small' miracle.

Before the Redneck left for work, I got a call from a neighbor askin' if I would like to come help her clean out a stall where she stacks hay, in exchange for all the loose hay and a few bales. I said sure, would be over in a bit. The Redeck left, and Obie and I headed up in the little truck I had borrowed from a friend to take Obie to his Chinese Herbalist yesterday. I thought it was cool that God arranged for me to have the truck for an extra day so I could haul the hay home.

I also brought my neighbor some of the surplus fruit and veg that I had from my co-op run last week. I gave it to her in a plastic grocery bag, and she thanked me and set the bag on a shelf in the barn. Then we began to clean up the loose hay and put it into big contractor bags and load the bags into the truck.

While we were workin', her paint geldin' came around and watched us for a bit, then moved around us to another part of the barn...

...where the bag of produce was.

We didn't realize what had happened until I stopped to wipe my face off, and then I saw that he was eatin' the produce. We laughed until we realized...

...the plastic bag was gone.

I'm not sayin' that I panicked, but my heart just dropped to the ground. If he had swallowed the bag, he could very well colic and die. I was heartbroken that this sweet gentle animal might be harmed because I was tryin' to be nice to his owner.

We checked his mouth, but no bag. We looked EVERYWHERE--no bag.

I began to pray as I loaded more bags of hay into the truck, and she called the vet. I asked the Lord to please let the horse be alright, don't let him be in trouble.

As she began to tell the vet what had happened, I walked back around the truck and 'happened' to glance down at the sand where I had JUST LOOKED for the bag.

There, at my feet, was a yellow plastic grocery bag. It was chewed, wadded up, covered in fruit pulp and slobber, but completely intact.  The horse was five feet away from the bag.

I grabbed it and held it up for my neighbor to see, yellin', "It's okay! I found the bag! It's right here!"

She stared, told the vet that it was okay, and hung up. We just looked at the bag, amazed.

I am tellin' ya'll--that bag was NOT where I found it when I looked for it not more than 5 minutes earlier.

Is my Heavenly Father good or what? He showed mercy to all of us this mornin', and now I get to proclaim His glory and grace to the whole internet this afternoon.

Take THAT, Friday the 13th! Superstition has NO PLACE in my life, because I serve a God Who in in complete control of all things, people, and situations. The Bible says:

1 Timothy 4:7 - But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.

Did you break a mirror? Clean up the glass and replace it. Don't freak out over a black cat. It's just a cat. Does your nose itch? It don't mean company's comin'--you have hay fever. Stevie Wonder had it right when he sang,

When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way


Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013






 

No comments:

Post a Comment