Thursday, September 19, 2013

Call George A. Romero--I Can Be In One Of His Movies

September 19, 2013

Yup--I'm ZOMBIE MAMA today.

I wrote yesterday about how tired I was from a slight illness the day before. Well, folks, I'm even tireder today.

We went to bed early last night, and I was snoozin' peacefully, when I heard the Redneck's cell phone go off. I checked the clock--it was midnight, so I knew this was probably NOT gonna be good news.

It was his dad, tellin' him that his grandfather was in the emergency room and didn't have long. We got up, got dressed and drove to the ER. When we got there, the Redneck went in and Obie and I stayed in the waitin' room.

After a couple of hours, the family all came out, and I learned that the grandfather was goin' back to the nursin' home. We came back home, crawled back into bed, and passed out until the alarm went off.

I didn't make breakfast for the Redneck this mornin'--just made certain he had plenty of coffee and his lunch was ready. I told him not to worry about feedin' critters, Obie and I would handle it.

After he left, we fed and watered, and then had a very simple breakfast and our devotions. Now I'm waitin' for the food to kick into the bloodstream so I can have SOME energy.

Isaiah 40:31 says;

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I could definitely use some eagle's wings today.

Well, tired or not--I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment