Friday, August 23, 2013

Workin' On Bath Salts--Tryin' Out New Food Co-op--Crockpot Freezer Meals

August 23, 2013

Worked at Eleanor's today (just a quick update on her broken leg--she is now walkin' without any assistance, drivin', AND she and her brother are plannin' a hikin' trip to New Mexico in September. Not bad for a 70 year old woman!), and we got a lot of stuff done to get her set up for a garage sale later this month. After all that, she and I sat down and figured out what essential oils would be good for some bath salts, shower scrubs, and massage oils.

How does Pink Grapefruit Sugar scrub sound? Or Coconut Lime? I can hardly wait to try out Mandarin Orange Bath Salts. Good grief, now I'm HUNGRY.

Tomorrow mornin', I'm goin' with my buddy Leigha to check out her food co-op, BOUNTIFUL BASKETS (www.bountifulbaskets.org), and volunteer time to help out and learn how their system works. I'm not that big a fan of co-ops, but Leigha has gotten sone great deals on fruits and veggies, so I'm game to give up a Saturday and help out.

Wanted to give a shout out to Jessica over at her blog, LOVING MY NEST (www.lovingmynest.com), for her CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS posts. I love my crockpots (I have 4 of them), and they make my life easier as I go about my homemakin' and now business duties.

Jessica has several posts about how to fix up meals to go in the crockpot ahead of time, freeze them, then just pop them in the crockpot when needed. You get all the prep work done in one day, and then you have meals ready to go and more time to spend with your family.

Sounds pretty darned good to me.

So, check the girl out--I'm addin' her to my blog list, so ya'll can keep track of her ides.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment