Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who Do I Delight In?

August 14, 2013

Psalm 37:4 says;

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I read that this mornin'. And it got me to thinkin', since I've been braggin' on the Lord's blessin's the past few days...

...am I takin' delight in HIM, or just the blessin's He's been sendin' my way?

Yeah, heavy thought, huh?

We are to delight in HIM, God, our Heavenly Father, Creator, Lord of all, author and finisher of our faith--you name it, He IS it.

Like any good father, He loves to shower His children with everything they need, and a lot of things they often would just like to have. And yet, a good father also wants his children to love HIM, not just what he can give them.

So now, I have a new prayer that I've begun prayin' throughout the day;

"Father, teach me how to delight in You. I appreciate all You have given me and my family, all the wonderful provision You have sent. And yet, I want to just delight in You and Your presence--Your HOLINESS. Show me in Your Word and in my everyday life how to do that. Let me never forget that it is YOU Who has given me life, and Who has granted me forgiveness through the blood of Jesus, Who died on the cross so that I can have that forgiveness and spend eternity with You. If You never give me anything alse other than that--I am happy. Thank You, Father, Amen"

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett




 

No comments:

Post a Comment