Friday, August 9, 2013

House Is Lookin' Like A Home--We Had A Miracle This Mornin'

August 9, 2013

It's been a little over a week since we began movin' in to the new house, and it is shapin' up nice. Started hangin' stuff on the wall today, and everything was goin' good, until a large framed drawin' that hung over the couch fell off the wall, and shattered.

Did I mention that my son was sittin' RIGHT UNDER IT?

Oh yeah, mama heart attack time. I heard the crash and tinkle as the glass shattered. I turned, and couldn't believe what I saw.

Obie and one of the dogs were on the couch, lookin' over the back at the broken mess...

...and neither one was harmed in any way.

That's right. The picture SHOULD have fallen straight down on top of them, but instead, it was two feet OVER from them.

I keep thinkin' about the angel who must have reached out and shoved the picture over as it fell, like someone knockin' the basketball outta the opponent's hand as he goes for a basket (yeah, NBA ANGELS!).

At first, I was too busy cleanin' up broken glass, but then it hit me what COULD  have happened, and it kinda freaked me out. Even now I'm amazed and thankful for God's protection of my family from day to day.

The Bible has a lot to say about God's protection.

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saved me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 2 Samuel 22:3-4

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makes me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. Psalm 5:11

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. Psalm 18:30

You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

How precious is Your loving kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 36:7

The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies. Psalm 41:2

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. Psalm 57:1

Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121:4-8

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. Psalm 138:7

These are just a few that tell of His wonderful care for His people. Believe me, I often feel like David in 1 Samuel 17:32-37;

32 David said to Saul, “Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.”
33 Saul replied, “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.”
34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, 35 I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. 36 Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. 37 The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”
Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.”

See what David is doin' here? He is lookin' back on all the times that God has protected him, and he knows that God don't change. I find myself lookin' back on all the ways that God has protected us through the years, and when I have a situation come up that looks hopeless, I know that God don't change, and if He protected us from harm before--He'll do it again.

Oh yeah--if He DOES allow somethin' to happen--it's because He is workin' on somethin' even BIGGER and BETTER in our lives for His glory. Romans 8:28 says;

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© Evelyn Edgett 2013
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment