Wednesday, June 12, 2013

OOPS! He Blessed Me Again!

June 12, 2013

I have been tryin' to cut down the costs of printin' my book, so I can more easily have copies to sell. As it was, what I charged for the book barely covered my printin' and bindin' costs, paid my illustrator for his drawin's, and somewhere after all that--I got a little bit of pocket change.

I just figured, hey, the work is gettin' out there--money may come later. That ain't the main reason I write anyway. It's so I can express myself and glorify God.  So I just handed the whole mess over to Him and told Him it was His bar-b-que, cook it like He wanted.

Weeeellll....

God had a little somethin' warmin' on the back of the grill.

A few weeks ago, one of our elders came up to me at Bible Study and asked if I would like his comb bindin' machine, and all the combs that he had left over from when he used it in his business before he retired.

WOULD I!

So, now I have a binder and many of the combs to hold my book together, plus several covers.

Then my friend Eleanor invested money in buyin' me two reams of printer paper and a black ink cartridge, so I could print on her computer. To pay her back, I did a few extra hours of work for her.

That all got me several copies printed and bound for my visit to a local cowboy church.

My next prayer was that someone at our church might have an old printer that was lyin' around after upgradin' to a newer one. I was gonna ask if I could buy the old one.

Weeeellll....

Eleanor said that if I knew of anyone who could work on a printer, she would give me her old one.

I asked what was wrong with it. She said that it printed well in black and in color, it copied, it scanned, faxed, did dishes, vaccumed, etc.

"Yeah, but what's WRONG with it?"

"I just don't like how it collates."

THAT'S IT?

You don't like that you have to open the little lid and put the paper in it?

I told her that I had plenty of time to waste openin' the little lid--and now that sucker is mine.

Next, I found a small cabinet for $3.00 at a yard sale to put the printer on, with storage for the bindin' machine and other supplies. I also found a nice little foldin' table to display my books on when I go to other churches.

All I need now is a new ink cartridge for the printer...

...and I'm pretty certain God has THAT covered, too! All I gotta do is be patient and trust.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    God is good! That is just wonderful; you're in business, in a big way! I am so happy that you will be able to touch many with your heart-felt words.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, if things keep goin' the way they look like they are--I'm gonna have a HUGE announcement next month!

    ReplyDelete