Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Guilty Pleasure

April 24, 2013

Okay, I have a confession...

I have a guilty pleasure--one that, while I don't HAVE to have it--I won't turn it down when I get the chance to do it...

I absolutely LOVE the television show SONS OF ANARCHY.

I never saw it on tv--but last summer I borrowed the first season on dvd from a friend.

FLOORED me.

Seriously, these characters just slam me in the gut when I watch them. Yes, they are flawed beyond belief, and they are not what you would call good examples of walkin' with God and yet...

I see so many wonderful things in the shows.

(Yeah, there's that weird vibe again.)

Okay--first, there are themes of family and loyalty, ones that I really understand. The characters have a skewed sense of morality, but the men will do WHATEVER it takes to support and protect their families. The women are strong and yet they are not afraid to be vulnerable when it is for the good of others.

Believe it or not, I see a ton of scriptural truth in the show so far--
and no, it doesn't say in Hebrews, "Thou shalt run guns."  However, I have seen where the Titus 2 admonition to older women to be mentors to the younger women have come into play, along with others.

Please don't think that I'm sayin' this show should be used to teach the Bible--I'm just givin' ya'll MY take on it, and what *I* get out of it.

 I've only seen the first two seasons on dvd, but I'm lookin' forward to seein' more when I get the chance.

Does anyone else have a guilty pleasure that they enjoy? I would love to hear about it.

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment