Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Feelin' Better--Cold Weather Back--Dogs Are Weird

April 10, 2013

Feelin' much more gooder, as my buddy Rusty would say. Still snifflin', but that could actually be from the raw food I'm eatin' these days--I understand that your body will chunk out mucous as you detox. I don't care if it's from a cold of raw food--I'm TIRED of drownin' in nasal discharge!

Put the heater away yesterday while cleanin' house--that was dumb.

Went to bed last night with the fan on, and considerin' runnin' the air conditioner. Woke up to a cold house, and my dogs whinin' to go out to go potty.

I stumbled to the front door, let everyone out, then fell back on the bed. Again--not the brightest thing to do, 'cause I dozed off and when I heard the dogs barkin' to come back in...

...I found out it had begun to rain, and I as I opened the door, I had two VERY wet small dogs come rushin' in. Before I could get a towel on the smallest one--she had run and jumped into Obie's bed and shot under his warm blankets.

I heard, "WHOA!"

"YIPE!"

"THUD!"

Which meant that my son didn't appreciate Poblano's effort's to dry out usin' HIS bedcovers. A very disgruntled lookin' Poblano came into the room and just glared at me like it was MY fault.

Another thing about my dogs. They like to sleep under my bed, since it is so high. I used cinder blocks to raise it up. I just like high beds, they seem far more luxurious. So the dogs use it as a den at night, and sometimes I hear them under me, shiftin' around.

The worst thing that happens is when Midnight (recall him from a post a few weeks back?) begins to SNORE.

Honestly--for a small dog--he can outsnore the REDNECK. If I were a small child--I would be convinced I had a monster under my bed. As it is--I dream of freight trains when Midnight is under the bed.

Well, I have dragged the heater back out and am lettin' it warm up the house while Obie and I are runnin' errands. I plan to make egg rolls and granola bars this afternoon while listenin' to Air One Radio--a really good listener supported Christian radio staion. Check them out at www.air1.com.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment