Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Windin' Down--Redecoratin' Urge

March 3, 2013

Well, other than my blender dyin' Saturday mornin' while I was makin' a smoothie, it was a quiet weekend all by myself. My son is back with me and we are enjoyin' a snack before headin' home.

I have been watchin' a few YOUTUBE videos about room makeovers, especially bedrooms, and I guess I'm gettin' a little dissatisfied with my own bedroom.

Ya see, I don't really have a bedroom, exactly. I have a queen sized bed, and dressers, and racks for clothes, but I also have a two tier saddle rack, a big upright freezer, and the Redneck's four foot high, three foot long, rollin' toolbox.

Yeah. You get it.

Sooooo.....

I have decided that before the Redneck gets home from West Texas in a few weeks--I am gonna figure out how to make this room into a real bedroom.

I know I can't move the freezer out, or the tool box, but perhaps the saddle rack can be manuvered somewhere else, and the racks where our clothes hang can be covered with fabric or otherwise disquised.

You've heard of a "Man Cave"?

Well, I want a MOM CAVE. A place where I can have a retreat, and also a place where the Redneck and I can have a little romantic atmosphere.

Okay, I can do this. I'm psyched and ready. I accept this challenge, and I will have photos of before and after to post later. I'll have to borrow a camera, but I will have photos!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett


 

No comments:

Post a Comment