Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm better Today--Anne Of Green Gables Completed

March 5, 2013

First, as to yesterday's post--I am 'more better' as a friend would say. I will still be sad for a time over the news I received, but I know that I will do no good for myself or others if I grieve myself into bein' miserable.

So today, I am happy to announce that I have finished ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, and I loved it. It is a wonderful book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who would just like to read a simple, uncomplicated novel about a simple life in an earlier time.

I love one of the closin' paragraphs in the book;

"Anne's horizons had closed in since the night she had sat there after coming home from Queen's; but if the path set before her feet was to be narrow she knew that flowers of quiet happiness would bloom along it. The joys of sincere work and worthy aspiration and congenial friendship were to be hers; nothing could rob her of her birthright of fancy or her ideal world of dream. And there was always the bend in the road!
"God's in His heaven, all's right with the world,'" whispered Anne softly."

Makes me think of the Book of Ecclesiastes 3:12-13;

"12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God."

As I said in an earlier post--I feel that Anne Shirley and I are very much alike, except that Anne learned some important lessons a lot earlier in life than I did. I look forward to readin' the next book in the series, ANNE OF AVONLEA.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett


 



No comments:

Post a Comment