Monday, March 25, 2013

Great News And Not So Great News

March 25, 2013

First--the GREAT news...

BRODY IS OFF THE VENTILATOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, folks, my little buddy is breathin' on his own, his eyes are open, and while he is slightly sedated (to prevent his pullin' out tubes)--he is doin' so much better!

Here is a photo of the little fighter and his momma:

 
 
 
Ain't he BEAUTIFUL?  I'm so glad I was sent this photo to share with all of ya'll who have been prayin' for him. I just KNEW that if I got more folks involved in the prayin' process, somethin' good was gonna happen. We still have a long way to go, and we don't know what the future holds for this little fella--but we know WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE, and His word says in Isaiah 55:8-9;
 
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
 
 
Okay--that was the great news. The not so great news is...
 
The Redneck won't be home this weekend. In fact, it looks like there will be TWO MORE WEEKS before he gets to come home.
 
Well....shoot.
 
I guess I could pitch a Holy Hannah Hissy Fit, but what good would that do? I could whine and complain to the Redneck when we talk on the phone, but that would not make him feel any better, and it's not his fault what happened.
 
Instead, I'm gonna use the time to keep workin' on projects that make our little cottage more homey for when he does get home. I can concentrate on improvin' my health more, and I can also have more time to help out with the bake sale our church is holdin' this weekend to raise funds to help our preacher with his chemotherapy bills. I can pray for my Beloved even more than I do now, and I can praise God that he has a job, and that God is providin' for us every step of the way.
 
I can be positive when we talk on the phone, and I can encourage the Redneck with scripture. I can take one day at a time and do my best to be a good wife and mom.
 
I can choose joy over sorrow, and I can trust God to do the best thing in HIS timin', not mine.
 
Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment