Monday, March 4, 2013

Everone Should Have A Fancypants

March 4, 2013

This mornin' I got some awful news, and I spent the early part of the day just weepin', I was so upset. You know those times--you think you may never stop cryin'. You know you WILL eventually, you just don't know when.

I finally gave the matter over to the Lord, and went about my mornin' chores of makin' breakfast and then feedin' the animals.

As I was fillin' up my mare's water trough, I just sort of hung over the fence, starin' into the water as it ran from the hose. I had stopped cryin' but I was just numb.

Fancypants finished her breakfast, and walked over to me. I just said, "hi" real softly and went back to starin' into the water.

Here comes the reason I love that mare so much.

She began to move very close to me, and she nudged me gently. I scratched her ears, but then went back into my reverie.

She wasn't havin' any of that.

She moved so her neck and shoulder were directly in front of me, and she placed her face up against mine. She nudged me again, as if to say, "It's okay, you can let it out. I'm here for you."

Well, I just threw my arms around her neck and wept quietly. She stood there as long as I needed her to, just bein' acceptin' and lovin'. and when I finally moved away she looked at me as if to ask,

"There. Feel better now?"

And guess what?

I DID feel better.

Somehow, that goofy mare knew that I needed a shoulder to cry on, literally. God used her to let me get my head back on and realize that there is nothin' I can do about the situation except trust Him, and that He will;

 "...comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair."  Isaiah 61:2-3

I'm buyin' that mare the biggest apple I can find today.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett


 




No comments:

Post a Comment