Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cabinets Organized--10 Days Till Redneck Is Home--Preppin' The House

March 20, 2013

I finished organizin' the bedroom cabinets when I got home yesterday, and I also got the big and small freezers inventoried and organized better. I even found a bag of FRENCH TOAST FLAVORED BAGELS that I got for 99 cents....yum! They are deeelish!

Only TEN more days till the Redneck gets home! I have been plannin' meals for when he's home, and makin' sure everything is done so he only has to relax and enjoy his time off.

In order for that to happen, I need to make certain that my household is in order (not perfect--just orderly), so that I too can be relaxed and calm when he's home. If I see to this, then I need only do the basics of housekeepin', leavin' me free to hop in the truck if he wants to go somewhere, sit and talk with him (even more important--LISTEN to him), or anything he may want to do while he's home.

Proverbs 31: 27 says:

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."

Honestly, homemakin' ain't that hard IF YOU KEEP UP WITH IT. I can have my home cleaned up spic and span in a two hour once a week full out cleanin' (dustin', moppin', changin' beds, etc)--IF I have kept up with all the little jobs that need doin' each day (dishes, pickin' up clutter, wipin' down the counters and appliances, etc). I have a LOT of time left over to do things with my family, or by myself on the weekends that everyone is gone.

So today, I will tackle another project to make my home a better place to live, and I will do it with a grateful heart to God Who has allowed me to be a stay at home wife and mom at this time in my life (notice I said AT THIS TIME in my life--not everyone has that luxury, and no one should condemn another woman for workin' outside the home or stayin' in it. It took YEARS for me to be able to do this).

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett





 

No comments:

Post a Comment