Friday, March 1, 2013

9,999 Hits! Magnesium--Anne Of Green Gables Saga Continues

March 1, 2013

I checked my blog stats today--9,999 hits since I began this blog a few years ago. Only ONE MOOOOORE and I will have 10,000 hits.

Amazin'.

I want to aplogize for not havin' Thriftology Thursday for two weeks--circumstances have often not allowed me to post anything on Thursdays. However, I am not gonna stress about it. If it is meant to be, then the posts will be made.

Speakin' of stress--since I have been takin' magnesium after gettin' out of the hospital--I am experiencin' very little stress. I mean, stuff still goes wrong, and I get annoyed--but I'm not REACTIN' the same as I was before.

I haven't done a lot of research in the uses of magnesium as a mental stress reliever, but I'm beginnin' to see where it could be one. I know it relaxes muscles and nerve endin's, so it probably has a role to play in anti-stress also. I called my holistic practitioner and told her what I was experiencin' and she said the the mineral would make me mellow. I said if I get any MORE mellow, I will have to be carried in a bucket.

Okay, back to ANNE OF GREEN GABLES. I like that it is a more relaxed read--something about books written before the 1970's makes one want to STROLL through the words, as opposed to the SPRINT that many modern books encourage.

I have to say that each chapter about Anne Shirley makes me think more and more of myself as a child. Seriously--this kid could be an ancestor of mine, we are so much alike. The chapter about the haunted wood had me in stitches, because I scared the bejeebers outta myself a few times as a kid. And I even accidentally turned my hair green in junior high (actually it was only one section, due to a tube of green oil paint spurtin' onto my hair and I rubbed the paint IN instead of wipin' it OUT as I thought I could).

So I must say that AOGG is a wonderful read, right up there with JANE EYRE and LITTLE WOMEN.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett



 






 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    That's nice to know about magnesium; everyone needs help with stress these days! Anne is so appealing, isn't she? Instead of making you feel less than perfect, she makes you feel like you're all right just the way you are.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete