Monday, February 25, 2013

Yup--Still Alive And Kickin'!

February 25, 2013

Not only am I still here--I have lost 4 pounds since my sojourn into the hospital. I weighed myself the other day, and found what I had suspected was true--I had gained about 20 pounds since movin' off the mountain. So, now with my eatin' back to a healthy stage, and gentle exercise to ease me back into a walkin' program--I'm doin' well.

My house is also clean, thanks to a sudden inspiration to tackle it Saturday afternoon. I just went slow and steady, and after a time, I had my cowboy cottage back in shape. It's always much easier to KEEP a house clean that it is to GET it clean.

Just for giggles, I'm includin' a few websites to help any of ya'll who also struggle with housekeepin', in the hope that you too can rise above a disaster in your house.

First, try www.flylady.net. Marla Cilley is the Fly Lady, and she has a wonderful site that helps you to 'take baby steps' as she puts it, to get your home out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). She uses humor and encouragement in a way that makes you feel like you have your very own life coach.

http://www.shesintouch.com/, is the web site of the original SIDETRACKED HOME EXECUTIVES (or SHE), Pam Young and Peggy Jones. I read their book SIDETRACKED HOME EXECUTIVES many years ago, and they helped me organize my life. Known as the Slob Sisiters--their story is both hilarious and touchin'. TRUST me--if THESE two can pull their lives together--ANYBODY CAN.

www.joyfulchristianhomemaking.com, is a delightful site owned by a sweet young wife and mother named Candy--hence the nickname for her site is "Candyland". She is a dedicated homemaker, and she has a free E-book for folks. It's about Homemaking Binders--what they are, how to make one, etc, and it is a wonderful resource to have as you work towards a peaceful home and family life.

One last one--check out http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/, for a lot of great advice, not only on how to clean and organize--but also how to be a better wife. The most recent post is 29 Steps To A Deep Cleaned Bedroom.

I hope those sites are helpful--there are many others, but these are the ones that I use most often.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett



 

2 comments:

  1. Evelyn, I'm so glad you are feeling better and losing 4 lbs is the icing on the cake! I really need to a few pounds myself. I've been walking more and I'm hoping in time that I will achieve my goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really all the fruits and veg that I've been eatin' lately--nuthin' gets the chance to stick around!

      Delete