Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Walkin' Today--Videos From Sweete Felicity--Winter Time Doldrums Fix

February 6, 2013

Today Obie and I decided we HAD to get outta the house. We have been unable to walk for several weeks, due to the weather, and of course, I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, so our exercise has been curtailed somewhat. But today, we finished chores, tossed our backpacks on, and took off in the fog for a walk to town.

We are now enjoyin' the library, and plan to have lunch at the local pizza place later. I just watched a great video by my friend Marqueta, from Sweete Felicity Blog (www.sweetefelicity.blogspot.com), on wild edibles. I didn't know she did videos, but after watchin' this one, I saw several more recommended on YOUTUBE. I will be watchin' those soon.

This time of year is a bit hard for some folks, 'cause the weather just can't make up its mind what it wants to do, and they have trouble knowin' what to plan for one day to the next.

So, then ya got a case of the 'doldrums', which is defined as a period of listlessness, despondency, stagnation, and slump.

Hmmm....it looks worse when ya see it in print.

So what does that all mean? It means that you  need to get movin', work on somethin' new and creative, and especially to dig further into the Scriptures for encouragement from your Heavenly Father.

You need to be certain that you're eatin' foods that will help you lift from your funk--salmon, eggs, leafy greens, poultry, whole grains, milk, walnuts, any foods that are good Vitamin C sources, and of course...

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, maybe more of the others, and a LITTLE bit of the chocolate, but boy is it GOOD!!!!

I digress--again.

You also need to MOVE.

I'm not talkin' runnin' a 10K marathon, or anything really strenous. I'm talkin' simple things like just walkin', or dig out that workout dvd you bought but is now buried under the westerns in your tv cabinet.

Not sure where all this advice came from today, but apparently somebody (includin' me) needs to be reminded of takin' care of their health this time of year.

Remember, as a believer,  your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. I've often been tempted to have an exercise shirt made that says,

PLEASE PARDON THE MESS. TEMPLE UNDER RECONSTRUCTION.
1 Corinthians 6:19

 Hope the hints help.

Well, I got chores. later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Thanks so much for the advert! :) I'm glad someone likes my videos out there. I know what you mean about feeling better when we get moving, but boy is it hard to get motivated sometimes! I've noticed that having a dog helps (especially one that uses the house for a bathroom if she isn't walked) motivates me. I've even gotten used to walking in the dark, which is quite an adventure.

    Here's to a wonderful weekend ahead,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete