Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Groundhog Day! Anticipatin' Stock Show--Cheap Day Out

February 2, 2013

The groundhog is not supposed to have seen his shadow today, so it means an early spring. Pardon moi if I don't hold my breath.

I am excited about tomorrow--after church, our little family is goin' to the Stock Show in Ft Worth! It had been several years since we had gone before last year, since we had lived so far away that it wasn't practical to drive that far for just one day.

I look forward to all the sights, sounds, and yes, the smells of the stock show. Hey, if you go to cowboy church--you BETTER like those smells!

I also enjoy goin' to see all the stuff for sale--even though I seldom buy anything. We eat out at the show, since it's a treat, and I don't feel like haulin' our own food around for several hours.

I hope that Buck Taylor, who played Newley on GUNSMOKE, will be there again. he is a delightful gentleman, and I also want to give him a copy of my book, LESSONS & BLESSIN'S. Who knows--he might like it enough to help me get really published!

Obie and I have access to a vehicle today, and $20 in our pocket. I'm lookin' forward to seein' how much fun we can have without spendin' the whole $20. So far, we are at the library, and I have spent a whole dollar on printin' out some stuff for my research, and the books that I have in my little basket will not only be free entertainment--I also have some that will enable me to learn a new skill or two to save and perhaps make money.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

3 comments:

  1. Happy Groundhog Day! An early spring would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope Mr. Groundhog is right! The stock show sounds like lots of fun. I used to watch Gunsmoke with my brothers growing up; good memories!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learned that if you are a big GUNSMOKE fan still today--you are known as a "smokie". Kinda like a trekkie", but with horses!

      Delete