Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me--Anne Of Green Gables

February 27, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, today is the day that I celebrate the fact that God saw fit to create me (I know--WHAT WAS HE THINKIN'?), and to celebrate all the years that He allowed me to live on His earth. Honestly--I don't think women have a CLUE as to how wonderful they are until they are at LEAST 40 years old. And lemme tell ya folks--the FIFTIES ARE AMAZIN'!!!!!!!!

I decided I wanted a special breakfast, so I made Scrambled Corn from Elysa Marowitz's book, WARMING UP TO LIVING FOODS. We also made her salsa verde. I like how her book helps you not only eat healthy raw foods, but also how to warm them up without destroyin' the enzymes in them. The corn recipe actually has the creamy texture of scrambled eggs--and yes, it tastes different from eggs, but it's very good.

Not sure what I wanna make for my dinner tonight, but I'm eyein' fresh cantelopes from the store, along with some more cilantro. I will be rotisseratin' some chicken tonight also. (Is that a word? It SHOULD be, doncha think?)

Got Anne Of Green Gables from the library yesterday, and I'm halfway through it. It is cute, and the rasberry cordial incident is hilarious. I have to say, if ya'll ever wondered what I was like as a child...

...oh yeah. I was Anne--too big imagination, overly impulsive and dramatic all the way.

In fact, I wanted to share a quote from the book, because it hit home with me this mornin'. Anne is talkin' about kindred spirits;

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."

I not only consider little Anne to be a kindred spirit, but also all the folks who read my blog, and many of my bloggin' friends. You are all wonderful, and I hope that I am half the person ya'll see me as.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett



 






 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful birthday so far! Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Evelyn,

    A happy birthday to you! I can't believe I forgot; I even have it written down! Your breakfast sounds delicious, and so does dinner.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Evelyn! May there be many more!

    ReplyDelete