Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guess Who Else From My Church Got To Spend Time In The Hospital?

February 20, 2013

Yup, me. I woke up with an irregular heart beat Monday night, and drove to the hospital. I got the beat slowed down, and then got admitted for the night, to ensure that I was gonna stay okay. Obie's father came and got him for the night, so I didn't have to worry about that.

The staff was wonderful, but I got tired of havin' to buzz someone to come unhook me from the bells and whistles just so I could go tinkle.

I got sprung yesterday afternoon, and my preacher and I had to pull a fast one so I could drive myself home--the hospital won't let ya out unless you have transport.

So I called Preach, who was there visitin' someone else, and he came and got my keys, and then pulled up in fornt of the hospital. I got in, we pulled around, and then he got out so I could drive home.

Got back home around 4:30, fed my animals for the evenin', Obie came home around 6, and I passed out in my own little bed about 7:30. I slept so good...

Today I went straight to my chiropractor, and as he worked on me, he told me that what causes the problem I had is the wrong type of calcium. Seems we need more plant based calcium, and less animal based. Together, we began to work out a regimin to correct my system, and I feel like I'm gettin' a better handle on this.

I'm still tired, but after I'm done here, I'm headin' home, makin' a large salad, enjoyin' my lunch, and then I'm takin' a siesta for a bit.

Real quick--I wanted to tell ya'll about something that happened after I got to my room and finally got to sleep--around 3 a.m.

I woke up about 4:30, and buzzed the nurse to let help me go to the bathroom. She looked at my monitor, and said my hart rate was goin' back up--it was at 125.

It kept risin', and I was gettin' uncomfortable. They called the doctor, and he told them to get some more of the medicine that had lowered the rate before. We had to wait on the meds, so I asked if I could watch tv.

I turned it on, and there was Joyce Meyer. The program was, dig this--

The Characteristics of a Perfect Heart.

As I watched, I began to get drowsy again, and I dozed off.

The nurses told me later that the second I began to watch the progromn, my heart rate shot right back down to normal.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Well, no chores, but I got nap. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett








 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. (I don't think there are coincidences in life!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Evelyn,

    I'm glad you're back home! Calcium sure can be a tricky one when it's not from the right source; the body sticks it in all sorts of nooks and crannies, not knowing what to do with it exactly.

    Get plenty of rest, and get better!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete