Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Commonalities

February 12, 2013

I seem to have confused a few folks about the blogs that I promote in my blog list--apparently, I shouldn't LIKE any of the ladie's blogs that I list and encourage others to read.

Lemme 'splain what I mean...

You see, it's 'simple'. Almost all the ladie's whose blogs that I promote are stay at home moms, wear dresses exclusively, many wear head coverin's, have large families, only read classic literature and the King James Bible, do crafts and teach Bible classes, etc.

While *I* on the other hand, wear almost NOTHIN' but jeans, boots and T-shirts, my idea of a head coverin' is a cowboy  hat, baseball cap or (my personal favorite) BIKER DOO RAG. I read the AMPLIFIED Bible and other version along with the King James. I have only one son, my nickname for my husband is REDNECK (not supposed to be a respectful moniker), I am out of my home a lot due to church and other ministry obligations, I watch horror movies and listen to Ray Wylie Hubbard and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and my idea of a romantic gesture is receivin' a speed loader for my .357 Magnum on Valentine's Day.

So the question I have been posed is...

WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY HAVE IN COMMON WITH THESE OTHER WOMEN?

*AHEM*

I would think that would be obvious.

We each have a relationship with the eternal God through belief in His Son, Jesus Christ.

We all believe:

That the Bible is the INFALLABLE Word of God.

That ALL of humanity has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

That Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was beaten, mocked, and crucified as a sacrifice for all mankind. He suffered and died IN OUR PLACE.

That He rose again on the third day, and now He sits at the right hand of God.

That He WILL return one day to reclaim His church (which is US--not a buildin').

That only Belief in and acceptance of His sacrifice will save a person from thier sins and give them eternal life.

Look--I figure if we all agree on those basic tenants of belief...

Anything else we agree on is GRAVY.

Any questions?

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett



 

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I am a lot of the above but I also love horror movies. (especially zombies!) and I have a cowboy hat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I read King James and Amplified. I also read NIV and NIrV. I read RSV (RSVP to read your RSV), and New King James. Then there is New World Translation for some interesting, um, things. Living Bible is really a translation but I like what ELijah says to the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel. Of course I also like the Nestle Greek text, the Masoretic Hebrew text, and checking things in the Septuagint (Greek translation of the OT) and the Vulgate and Luther's Deutsche Bibel. Comparing translations can be exciting at times!

    Keep up the good work with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NESTLE Greek Text? Is it CHOCOLATE?!?!?! Thanks for the encouragement, John--and send me your email so I can send you copy of my book!

      Delete