Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby Talk To A Horse--Do We Encourage With Our Words?

February 5, 2013

Yippee--it's Tuesday! (okay..maybe that was a bit sarcastic...)

Sorry, I'm just a bit tired today. It's foggy and gloomy with just a touch of cold in the air--yet I was usin' the AIR CONDITIONER on Monday.

Hey, it's Texas--can ya dig it?

I was feedin' this mornin', and as I was walkin' to my stud horse, Rascal, he looked a kinda down. I know he's a ;itt;e bored right now waitin' to be moved to a new pasture and all, so I decided to spend extra time with him. I petted him and began to talk to him, scratchin' his ears and face, under his jaw.

I said, "That's mommy's good boy, yes he IS! Yes, him wuvs him momma, doesn't he, yes he does, oh what a good boy him is, and he wuvs it when his mommy scwatches him little nose and all over his ears, 'cuz him mommy knows just where the itchy spots are, doesn't she? Yes her DOES!"

Okay--was that as embarrasin' to READ as it was to TYPE?

But I gotta say, the big galoot ate it up, and I left a much happier horse as I went on about my other feedin' chores.

Amazin' ain't it--how words of love and encouragement can help others feel better--even a horse?

The Bible says this about encouragin' otherrs:

1 Thessalonians 5:11“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” (NLT)

Hebrews 10:24-25
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” (NLT)


Ephesians 4:29
“Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” (NLT)


Colossians 3:16
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” (KJV)


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” (NLT)


Proverbs 27:9
“The heartfelt counsel of a friend
is as sweet as perfume and incense.” (NLT)


Provers 27:17
“As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” (NKJV)


2 Corinthians 1:4
“Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” (NIV)


Romans 15:1
“We who are strong in faith should help the weak with their weaknesses, and not please only ourselves.” (NCV)


1 Thessalonians 3:2
“We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God’s fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith.” (NIV)


Acts 15:32
“Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, encouraged and strengthened the brethren” (NASB)


Isaiah 35:4
“Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
“Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.” (NKJV)


Proverbs 10:11
“The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.” (KJV)


I have said my share of disheartenin' words to folks in my life. However--all that did was bring not only them, but myself and others down to a depressed level, thwartin' God's plans for them.

So I have worked very hard over time ti stop speakin' anything but encouragement to others. If I come across someone who WANTS to be miserable--I back off, and allow them to learn the hard way.

However, if someone is desirin' of wholesome words--I try my best to give them.

Proverbs 25:11 says:

“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.”  ESV

So let's work to speak fitly to each others--and ourselves!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment